TREASURE HUNTER’S HANDBOOK
Treasure Hunter’s Handbook also includes wonderful bits of pirate lore and some fun pirate/treasure-hunting craft activities. Ahoy, matey!
The following topics are covered, allowing for a wide range of activities for different ages and interests:
• Myths and legends of buried pirate treasure.
• Panning for gold: Panning for gold is making a comeback and is a great activity for kids.
• Mining for minerals and gemstones: Provides some information about how and where to find Maine’s famous tourmaline and other gems.
• Metal Detecting: Covers the basics of using a metal detector and tells some of the stories of amazing treasure found using this simple device.
• Geocaching and letter boxing: Geocaching is a real-world, outdoor treasure hunting activity using GPS-enabled devices. Letter boxing is a low tech version that combines navigational skills and rubber stamp artistry.
• Found treasures: Hunting for everyday treasures such as sea glass, sea shells, four-leaf clovers, arrowheads, and fossils.
(Down East Books; August 7, 2014; 112 pages; Hardcover; 8.1″ x 7.2″; full color images; ISBN: 978-1608932788)